Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Impermanence

Over the last few days the impermanence of life reflected itself in many ways. First it was Piper. She had been with us for 5 years but last week she left us. Over the last two days I have not been on my computer. I had a bout of unwellness and it also reflected on the impermanence of our well being. I was full of zest even on Sunday but came Monday I was incapacitated and could not even take phone calls. Today I found some energies back to get online.

The message is clear. Time waits for no one. I never knew I could get so unwelll but I did.

Buddha says :

Know all things to be like this:
A mirage, a cloud castle,
A dream, an apparition,
Without essence, but with qualitites that can be seen.

Know all things to be like this :
As the moon in the bright sky
In some clear lake reflected,
Though to that lake the moon has never moved.

Know all things to be like this :
As an echo that derives
From music, sounds, and weeping,
Yet in that echo is no melody.

Know all things to be like this :
As a magician makes illusions
Of horses, oxen, carts and other things,
Nothing as it appears

No comments: