Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Treasures

There are some people in my life who really make a difference. I appreciate and feel blessed to have them in my life.

You brighten up a room just by walking in. Talking to you on the phone makes my day. You make me feel special as you often go out of your way for me. You cry with me and you laugh with me. When I am on top of the world you celebrate with me. When I am down you are there for me.

We seldom catch up - once a month or maybe even longer or during puja times. But I know you will be there when I need a shoulder. A friend once described you as "a rock in the ocean". Always generous to good causes.

You are thoughtful. You move with an air of confidence yet keep pride in its place. We search for every nook and corner in town for food. You laughter chase clouds away and your kind thoughts bring happiness to life.

Someone who is not afraid to do more than your part, to learn something new, to fail, to succeed, to take chances, to dream, to say you are wrong, to forgive. Throughout our friendship, I have never heard a harsh word from you about others. You believed in the saying "if you have nothing nice to say about a person, then its best to remain silent". I admire these things about you. They set you apart from many people.

1 comment:

LaiSW said...

Blessed are you who possess such real friends.