Tuesday, August 4, 2009

UPDATE - At The Yak Square, Yushu

Cordyceps trading
Cordyceps is a prized herb to many a Chinese. In Malaysia it can fetch from as much as RM350-RM800 for 10 gram depending on the grade. Here in Yushu at the Yak Square it is traded at the market square where every Tibetan frequents everyday. After the buyer has chosen the cordyceps, they are weighed. The price is often a secret. The seller and buyer will slip their hands into one another's sleeves and the show of fingers inside the sleeves will tell the buyer the price of his goods.

Yak Square


I caught many a Tibetan’s attention when I was there. Or rather my crystals. I was wearing the huge Star Of David pendant and 2 strings of Om Mani Padme Hung bracelets. I suppose the Om Mani Padme Hung’s bracelets were more valuable than the cordyceps to the Tibetans. They wanted to buy them off me but I politely told them they are personal belongings and are not for sale.

Wanting to buy my Star Of David pendant and braceletsTibetan Shops

Tibetans are colourful people

No comments: