Saturday, October 31, 2009

Where my soul belongs


All my bags are packed I’m ready to go. I’m standing here outside the door – song by John Denver.
I leave on Monday evening and in a little more than a day or two I should be taking the cab ride to the airport. The past two weeks had been a packing marathon. I have packed, unpacked, repacked, un-unpacked and then with a few more throwing ins and outs of my stuff, I think I am done. Got the main luggage and the box weighed and I am pretty proud to say that I am under weight (oops not me but the 2 pieces of checked in luggage).

But what lies in the main luggage, the hand luggage, a box and a computer bag. To give you a peep (just only a peep) into the major items – a 24cm frying pan, a pot, hair dryer, 1 laptop, 1 netbook, kenwood small kettle, tupperwares, clothes and personal effects, dried foodstuff (dried shrimps, anchovies, etc). Don’t ask me what are the other unimportant and minor items. That’s it! Do you believe me? Oh yes, forgot to mention there are two packs of cat food (friskies) that’s taking the flight too. I have a pet cat there and also 4 puppies but I suppose these puppies are now fully grown dogs.


I am going on a holiday to my winter home. And there is so much to look forward to. The familiarities of the same room that I have been occupying since "beginningless time", the little village road with children running around with genuine innocence and the warm and kind gestures of the villagers are the distinct charms that grabs the soul of many a visitor. Just thinking of it makes me want to be there now.

No comments: